Pharaoh’s Ants originate from the tropics and require artificial heat in order to survive and reproduce and tend to live in large heated buildings such as hospitals, hotels and blocks of flats. This ant’s diet is largely of decomposing foodstuffs and it carries harmful germs picked up from when it has been feeding.
How to keep Ants away
The majority of black or garden ants will only come into your home to find food and are attracted by sweet and sticky substances. Ensure that there is no readily available food source in your home by:
- Always covering food – you never know where the ant has been before it crawls across your food!
- Clear away food and liquid spillages immediately
- Clean food debris from under kitchen appliances
- Make sure all rubbish bins have tightly sealed lids
- Keep compost enclosed and covered
- Clear away your pet’s food immediately it has finished eating
You can help prevent ants entering your home by sealing access points such as cracks and crevices in door and window frames.
While DIY products can deal with smaller ant problems or with garden ants, for larger or multiple infestations of ants (and particularly if they are Pharaoh ants) a professional pest control service will be required.
Our technicians understand the habits of each species of ants and also have a range of powerful insecticides to deal with ants and provide the reassurance that the problem has been fully dealt with.
Call Pesky Critters to come and give you a free survey of all your pesky ant problems.